16145 Milwaukee Academy of Medicine - "Emerging Infectious Diseases E-Z" (E as in Elizabethkingia and Z as in Zika) - May 17, 2016
Emerging Infectious Diseases - E-Z (E as in Elizabethkingia and Z as in Zika)
Dr. Kron will review the context of recent emerging infectious diseases in the news and their impact on medical practice in Wisconsin.
- Physicians of all medical specialties
- Attendees will gain a better appreciation for the work of "Microbial Ecologists" outside the standard world of medical microbiology.
- Attendees will better understand the concept of "emerging" infectious diseases in the USA as a result of "hidden" vectors and ecosystems.
- Attendees will better understand what the following emerging infectious diseases have in common: Zika , Dengue, Chinkungunya, Yellow Fever, and sepsis from Elizabethkingia.
The speaker and all persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.