16145 Milwaukee Academy of Medicine - Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: Updates and Current Controversies - March 15, 2016
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: Updates and Current Controversies in Treatment
Degenerative lumbar spinal stenosis produces a varied clinical presentation secondary to mechanical narrowing of the lumbar spinal canal due to aging of the spine. Lumbar spinal stenosis can produce significant pain and disability especially in the aging population. The treatment approach may be non-operative or operative as shown in multiple well- designed studies. The cost effectiveness for use of epidural steroid injections for management of lumbar spinal stenosis has recently become controversial.
- Physicians of all medical specialties
- Review the pathophysiology, natural history and prognosis of lumbar spinal stenosis
- Discuss current rehabilitative and non-operative treatment options
- Examine the role and controversy for epidural steroid injections in management of spinal stenosis
The speaker and all persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.