Life in a Combat Hospital, Lessons Learned at the Role 3 in Kandahar, Afghanistan - January 21, 2014
128th Annual Meeting – 1305th Meeting
University Club of Milwaukee, 924 E. Wells Street,
Cocktails $8.00, Dinner $47.00
COCKTAILS 6:00 P.M.
DINNER 6:30 P.M.
AWARDS/PRESENTATION 7:15 P.M.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS, COUNCIL & TRUSTEES FOR 2014
PRESENTATION OF THE PRESIDENT’S AWARD TO
MATTHEW B. LEE, MD
PRESENTATION OF THE HUMANITARIAN AWARD TO
JOHN THOMAS, MD - REPAIRERS OF THE BREACH
PRESIDENT’S ANNOUNCEMENTS, BYLAWS VOTE:
EDWIN G. MONTGOMERY JR., M.D.
INTRODUCTION OF THE GUEST SPEAKER
Michael McBride, MS, MD, CDR USNR
Life in a Combat Hospital,
Lessons Learned at the Role 3 in Kandahar, Afghanistan
Dr. McBride is a 1992 graduate of the Medical College of Wisconsin. He is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at MCW and Staff Psychiatrist at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center. Dr. McBride is a Commander in the US Navy Reserves with 5 overseas deployments, two in Iraq and he most recently returned from a deployment in Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Physicians of all medical specialties.
- Understand the organization and operations of military medical care in Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Review current status of injury patterns treated in the Role 3 Multinational Medical Unit.
- Discuss the US Navy Care for Caregiver program.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.