This is a department-wide conference, with individual topics and speakers chosen by representatives on the planning committee from various subspecialty divisions as well as general internal medicine. The specific topics are chosen by the representatives of each division, who are in this role because of their interest and expertise in education. We have surveyed the literature to identify major national practice gaps in general internists’ practices. The specific topics are identified throughout the year rather than all before the start of the year—this further allows them to be responsive to new or changing data or recommendations that come out during the year.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Allied Health Care Professionals
- Discuss the timing for initiation of treatment for multiple myeloma and rationale, including the concept of risk stratification
- Outline the concept of response adapted approach and minimal residual disease by reviewing disease assessment based on tumor burden and paraprotein production by malignant plasma cells
- Understand how to apply clinical trial results for the treatment of multiple myeloma into day-to-day practice and how day-to-day practice influence the design of clinical trials
Michael Frank, MD, FACP - Activity Director
Professor and Vice Chair of Education
Department of Medicine
The Medical College of Wisconsin
Marcelo Pasquini, MD, MS
Division of Hematology and Oncology
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.