- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This is a department-wide conference, with individual topics and speakers chosen by representatives on the planning committee from various subspecialty divisions as well as general internal medicine. The specific topics are chosen by the representatives of each division, who are in this role because of their interest and expertise in education. We have surveyed the literature to identify major national practice gaps in general internists’ practices. The specific topics are identified throughout the year rather than all before the start of the year—this further allows them to be responsive to new or changing data or recommendations that come out during the year.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Allied Health Care Professionals
1. Understand the monumental global economic burden of non-communicable diseases including mental illness as defined by the World Health Organization.
2. Understand the role of APEC as a forum for health officials within the Asia-Pacific region to join efforts and collaborate on best practices to improve health and economic prosperity.
3. Understand the role and value of ESTH science advisors working at the US Department of State and US Embassies and Consulates around the world.
Michael Frank, MD, FACP - Activity Director
Professor and Vice Chair of Education
Department of Medicine
Michael Kron, MD, M, Sc, FACP
Professor with tenure
Division of Infectious Diseases
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose