The 13th Annual Diabetes Symposium of Wisconsin
We are closely monitoring the nationwide concern over COVID-19 and are closely following Medical College of Wisconsin administration guidelines. As of this moment, we are planning to host the event. However, this may change at any time and final decisions on whether the conference will be held will be made by the end of March 2020. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.
The organizing committee
Our symposium is a two day program with the specific purpose of increasing education and knowledge of all aspects of diabetes clinical practice and research. This symposium consists of medical lectures and workshops given by healthcare professionals (not all MD's), investigators and patients on topics related to Diabetes Updates. The major format used is a series of thematic talks by recognized health professional and are all followed by question and answer sessions along with feedback. There will also be a panel of physicians who will present case discussions and then open the floor to the audience for a Question and Answer Session.
Physicians, Family Care Physicians,
Adult Endocrinologists, Pediatric Endocrinologists, Fellows,
Residents, Medical Students, Dietitians, Physician Assistants,
Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
The target audience has been identified not only from the educational aims,
but also from the previous meetings after post-meeting evaluations.
- Improve diabetes and obesity care by identifying and expounding evidence-based advances in management.
- Analyze the areas that are at the outer limits of current knowledge of diabetes and obesity and define our limitations.
- Improve management and knowledge of drugs and therapy for diabetes and obesity, using well-controlled trial data.
- Gain further knowledge about the pathophysiological processes involved in diabetes and obesity.
- Increase awareness of the patient perspective of diabetes and obesity care.
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Srividya Kidambi, MD (Course Director)
- Steven Magill, MD (Planning Committee)
- Rosanna Fiallo-Scharer, MD (Planning Committee)
- Leonard Egede, MD (Planning Committee)
- Kate Glasenapp, APNP (Planning Committee)
- Gino George, PA-C (Planning Committee)
- Daisy Sahoo, PhD (Planning Committee)
- Sue Hjelsand (Planning Committee)
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved:
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this for a maximum of 13.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 13.25 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 13.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 13.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
All registrations will be assessed an $8.60 non-refundable processing fee.
|Physicians (full course)||$250.00|
|Allied Health Care Professionals (full course)||$215.00|
|Residents/Fellows/Students* (full course)||$100.00|
Please note! The billing address entered upon checkout must match the billing address on the credit card you will be using to pay for this course. MCW accepts MasterCard, VISA and Discover.
*Residents, Fellows, Students of the Medical College of Wisconsin may attend this conference at no cost however, on-line registration is required.To obtain your complementary registration fee instructions contact Chandra Smith at 414-955-7022 or via email at email@example.com prior to registering on-line.
Cancellations dated seven or more business days prior to the start of the course will be refunded. Cancellations received less than seven days before the course will be refunded at 50%. Cancellations received after the course begins will not be refunded. In the unlikely event the symposium is cancelled, the Medical College of Wisconsin is not responsible for airfare, hotel or other costs incurred by participants.