ACCME Accreditation Statement:This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and The Milwaukee Academy of Surgery. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- Understand the current literature regarding the advantages and disadvantages of non-operative management of early appendicitis in children and adults.
- Discuss the multi-institutional, patient choice study for early appendicitis conducts by pediatric surgeons at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
- Compare outcomes and quality of life measurements in appendicitis patients treated surgically and medically.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.