- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Treatment options for patients with newly diagnosed or recurrent thoracic malignancy are in a continual state of evolution. The MTTC provides pathologists, radiologists, surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists a forum in which to introduce new treatment options and protocols to the entire team, resulting in a more cohesive and comprehensive plan of care for each patient regardless of the subspecialty via which they entered our Cancer Center’s care.
Communication between the various treating disciplines is crucial in keeping each provider up-to-date on current treatment options. This forum allows the subspecialists to review each patient’s unique set of physical and psychosocial factors and offer contributions to their care plan which might not otherwise have been recognized.
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Thoracic surgeons
- Chest radiologists
- Nuclear medicine radiologists
- Allied health professionals
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Provide evidence-based recommendations for treatment of newly diagnosed and recurrent thoracic malignancies
- Remain current on treatment techniques and options - including research protocols - available to thoracic cancer patients
- Share clinical experiences with colleagues to explore which provide the best possible patient outcomes
|Ben George, MD||Cook Medical||Consultant|
|Sean Tutton, MD||Benevenue||Consultant|
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.