This is a working tumor board that covers active cases of patients with bone and soft tissue lesions associated with sarcoma (connective tissue neoplasms), metastatic carcinoma, and some metabolic bone disease. We discuss treatment plans/options/protocols for newly diagnosed and/or established adult musculoskeletal oncology patients based on the most up to date data/literature, evidence- based medicine, outcomes of our own research, and data accumulated at our tumor board via our ongoing data base. Discuss is had on treatment outcomes in comparison to the standard of care in evidence-based medicine and literature. Collaborate research efforts and establish research studies based on our findings and publish our outcomes. Continue to strengthen the multidisciplinary relationships that have evolved over the many years since this tumor board was established. It continues to grow as new treatment modalities that are founded/developed based on the on-going experience of the providers who are dedicated to attending our tumor board. These relationships continue to provide new collaborations, increase respect/trust, referrals, utilization of treatment resources and consistent continuity of care.
- connective tissue neoplasm
- metastatic carcinoma
- metabolic bone disease
- Physician (fellow/resident)
- Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Apply recent updates to treatment plans and protocols based on the discussions of the patient’s treatment at tumor board
- Expand our discussions to include the most recent and relevant literature evaluations on musculoskeletal oncology and disease protocols and treatment outcomes
- Continue to collaborate as a multidisciplinary unit to treat the patient as a whole and utilize treatment resources efficiently
- Publish research that is up to date and relevant to current literature
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Keith Baynes, MD Associate Professor Section Chief Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Manpreet Bedi, MD Associate Professor Radiation Oncology
- Meghan Browning, MD Associate Professor Hematology and Oncology, Pediatric
- Bill Carrera, MD Adjunct Professor Radiology
- Ross Cerniglia, MD Associate Professor Radiology
- John Charlson, MD Associate Professor Hematology and Oncology
- Callisia Clarke, MD Assistant Professor Surgical Oncology
- Stephane Desouches, DO Assistant Professor Radiology
- Melissa DuBois, MD Associate Professor Radiology
- Donald Hackbarth, MD, FACS, FAAOS Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Lori Hollingsworth-Burds, PA-C, MPAS Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Keenan Horness, PA-C, MPAS Orthoaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Blake Jones, MD Assistant Professor Radiology
- Brandon Key, MD Assistant Professor VIR Radiology
- David King, MD Chair Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- John LoGiudice, MD Professor Plastic Surgery
- Rajeev Mannem, MD Chief Associate Professor Radiology
- Jennifer Merrill, NP Surgical Oncology
- John Neilson, MD Associate Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Paul Rasmussen, MD Assistant Professor Orthopaedic Surgery
- Brandon Rebholz, MD Assistant Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine
- Peter Rossi, MD Chief Professor Vascular Surgery
- Nathan Schloemer, MD Assistant Professor Hematology and Oncology, Pediatric
- Reena Singh, MD Assistant Professor Pathology
- Sean Veenendaal, PA-C, MPAS Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Matt Vickery, MD Assistant Professor Radiology
- Adam Wooldridge, MD, MPH Assistant Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
Brandon Key, MD
Donald Hackbarth, MD
Board of Directors
Brandon Rebholz, MD
Manpreet Bedi, MD
Peter Rossi, MD
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.