This educational activity is designed to review basic physiology, present current research, provide evidence-based literature reviews, and discuss clinical cases. The information gained from this activity will improve patient care and promote academic growth. Measuring clinical quality improvement is a mandate of our institution and the American Board of Pediatrics. Through chart review and clinical quality data, we continuously monitor and discuss critical measures such as optimizing growth, antibiotic usage, and evidence-based medication usage. This conference will help close the practice gap by providing learners with knowledge and strategies to improve patient care in these and other areas.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
MOC Part II:
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity and individual assessment of and feedback to the learner, enables the learner to earn up to 1 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.
- Physician (fellows/residents)
- Nurse Practitioners
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Review basic physiology in neonates to improve understanding of normal growth, development, and function of each organ system
- Discuss current research to provide up-to-date information in various fields and assist in developing new basic or clinical research projects
- Review evidence-based literature reviews to enable the development of patient care guidelines and best clinical practice
- List case presentations and share experiences, promote critical thinking, and help with improving systems-based practice, interpersonal skills, and professionalism
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Kimberly Seeger, MD
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.