The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has a mission to be the national leader in providing high quality healthcare. One of the ways that we are doing this is to provide high quality continuing medical education (CME) to our faculty; this includes presentation from national leaders in the field of Nephrology. Our education al topics focus on outcomes research in chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease, delivery of care in dialysis units and chronic kidney disease clinics, emerging data on new treatments compared to current standard of care, continuing review of kidney biopsy pathology, and basic science research that may become future therapeutics.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Physicians Assistants
- Nurse/Nurse Practitioners
- Medical Students
At the end of this session, I will be able to:
- Review literature on cognitive impairment in hemodialysis.
- Review literature on cerebral perfusion during hemodialysis
- Discuss current project evaluating intradialytic cerebral oximetry and cognitive outcomes.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.