The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has a mission to be the national leader in providing high quality healthcare. One of the ways that we are doing this is to provide high quality continuing medical education (CME) to our faculty; this includes presentation from national leaders in the field of Nephrology. Our education al topics focus on outcomes research in chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease, delivery of care in dialysis units and chronic kidney disease clinics, emerging data on new treatments compared to current standard of care, continuing review of kidney biopsy pathology, and basic science research that may become future therapeutics.
- Physicians Assistants
- Nurse/Nurse Practitioners
- Medical Students
At the end of this session, I will be able to:
- Continuing education presentations will include the pathogenesis, diagnoses, and treatment of kidney diseases including but not limited to the following conditions of: hypertension, chronic kidney disease, acute kidney injury, kidney transplant and immunosuppression, glomerulonephritis, nephrotic syndrome, electrolytes disorders and metabolic acidosis and alkalosis.
- Attendees will be expected to critically evaluate advances in the field of Nephrology by reviewing studies such as SPRINT for HTN1,4 and improvement in immunosuppression for kidney transplant.6These studies demonstrate safe and effective treatments for kidney related disease and compare outcomes to current standard of care so that clinical practice can be improved.
- Apply newly obtained clinical knowledge to enhance patient care in Nephrology and use this new knowledge to create quality indicators such as control of BP in the CKD population and length of kidney transplant graft survival. These quality indicators can be used monitored to evaluate for performance below national levels (the standard) that would indicate specific areas for improvement.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.