The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has a mission to be the national leader in providing high quality healthcare. One of the ways that we are doing this is to provide high quality continuing medical education (CME) to our faculty; this includes presentation from national leaders in the field of Nephrology. Our education al topics focus on outcomes research in chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease, delivery of care in dialysis units and chronic kidney disease clinics, emerging data on new treatments compared to current standard of care, continuing review of kidney biopsy pathology, and basic science research that may become future therapeutics.
- Allied Health Care Professionals
- Discuss evidence available in literature re treatment of acidosis occurring in patients with CKD
- Discuss recent paper describing findings of a RCT of sodium bicarbonate treatment in patients with CKD
- Discuss a recent paper describing studies of a new therapeutic agent for treatment of acidosis in CKD
Course Director: Dawn Wolfgram, MD
Jack Kleinman, MD
Division of Nephrology
Department of Medicine
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.