- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Weekly grand rounds as a forum for clinical and basic research updates in neurology with respect to diagnosis and management of neurological disorders and advances in neuroscience. General areas of focus will include among others the following: neuromuscular, epilepsy, sleep, movement disorders, stroke and vascular disorders, neurodegenertive, dementia and memory disorders, headaches and cranial neuralgias, autonomic disorders, and general neurologic conditions.
Neurologists and Neuropsychologists as a specialty, including both generalists and sub-specialists. Health care providers including physicians (MD's, DO's) RN, APNP, PA, PhD, as well as students, residents, and fellows. Also included are basic and clinical researchers and clinicians throughout neurology, neurosurgery, and neuropsychology especially during the monthly interdisciplinary grand rounds presentations.
1. Review the definition of global health and its growing sciences
2. Increase awareness of the scope and nature of MCW global health educational offerings and their effect on career development
3. Increase knowledge of the scope and nature of MCW faculty and Department of Neurology global health efforts
Derrick Shumate, DO
Department of Neurology
Mr. Al Castro, Program Director Latino Geriatric Center United Community Center
Stephen Hargarten, MD Associate Dean for Global Health
Piero Antuono, MD
Professof Neurology, Pharmacology and Toxicology
Director of the Dementia Research Center