- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Weekly grand rounds as a forum for clinical and basic research updates in neurology with respect to diagnosis and management of neurological disorders and advances in neuroscience. General areas of focus will include among others the following: neuromuscular, epilepsy, sleep, movement disorders, stroke and vascular disorders, neurodegenertive, dementia and memory disorders, headaches and cranial neuralgias, autonomic disorders, and general neurologic conditions.
Neurologists and Neuropsychologists as a specialty, including both generalists and sub-specialists. Health care providers including physicians (MD's, DO's) RN, APNP, PA, PhD, as well as students, residents, and fellows. Also included are basic and clinical researchers and clinicians throughout neurology, neurosurgery, and neuropsychology especially during the monthly interdisciplinary grand rounds presentations.
- Review key concepts of the pathophysiology of acute ischemic stroke due to large vessel occlusion
- Identify areas of limited knowledge and unmet need in the clinical management of acute cerebral large vessel occlusion
- Discuss a pathophysiology based approach for future translational research and clinical trials of neuroprotection in stroke
Jonathan Florczak, MD
Department of Neurology
Marcelo Rocha, MD, PhD
University of Pittsburgh Medical School
Instructor, Department of Neurology