Weekly grand rounds as a forum for clinical and basic research updates in neurology with respect to diagnosis and management of neurological disorders and advances in neuroscience. General areas of focus will include among others the following: neuromuscular, epilepsy, sleep, movement disorders, stroke and vascular disorders, neurodegenertive, dementia and memory disorders, headaches and cranial neuralgias, autonomic disorders, and general neurologic conditions.
Neurologists and Neuropsychologists as a specialty, including both generalists and sub-specialists. Health care providers including physicians (MD's, DO's) RN, APNP, PA, PhD, as well as students, residents, and fellows. Also included are basic and clinical researchers and clinicians throughout neurology, neurosurgery, and neuropsychology especially during the monthly interdisciplinary grand rounds presentations.
· To review the diagnosis of psychogenic seizures
· To understand the prevalence and importance of psychogenic symptoms;
· To understand how to differentiate intentional faking from unconscious production of symptoms;
· To review the various psychiatric diagnoses underlying psychogenic symptoms;
· To understand the basic principles of treatment for psychogenic symptoms.
Derrick Shumate, DO
Department of Neurology
Selim Benbadis, MD
Professor, Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery
Director, Comprehensive Epilepsy Program
University of South Florida and Tampa General Hospital
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.