- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Weekly grand rounds as a forum for clinical and basic research updates in neurology with respect to diagnosis and management of neurological disorders and advances in neuroscience. General areas of focus will include among others the following: neuromuscular, epilepsy, sleep, movement disorders, stroke and vascular disorders, neurodegenertive, dementia and memory disorders, headaches and cranial neuralgias, autonomic disorders, and general neurologic conditions.
Neurologists and Neuropsychologists as a specialty, including both generalists and sub-specialists. Health care providers including physicians (MD's, DO's) RN, APNP, PA, PhD, as well as students, residents, and fellows. Also included are basic and clinical researchers and clinicians throughout neurology, neurosurgery, and neuropsychology especially during the monthly interdisciplinary grand rounds presentations.
1. Describe the two major forms of synaptic plasticity: Long-term potentiation and long-term depression
2. Describe the role of neurogranin, a neuron specific protein, in synaptic plasticity
3. Explain the behavioral phenotypes in transgenic mice overexpressing neurogranin
Derrick Shumate, DO
Department of Neurology
Heidi F. Christianson, Ph.D.
Clinical Director of Resident and Student Mental Health
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine &
Clinical Cancer Center
Medical College of Wisconsin