- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Weekly grand rounds as a forum for clinical and basic research updates in neurology with respect to diagnosis and management of neurological disorders and advances in neuroscience. General areas of focus will include among others the following: neuromuscular, epilepsy, sleep, movement disorders, stroke and vascular disorders, neurodegenertive, dementia and memory disorders, headaches and cranial neuralgias, autonomic disorders, and general neurologic conditions.
Neurologists and Neuropsychologists as a specialty, including both generalists and sub-specialists. Health care providers including physicians (MD's, DO's) RN, APNP, PA, PhD, as well as students, residents, and fellows. Also included are basic and clinical researchers and clinicians throughout neurology, neurosurgery, and neuropsychology especially during the monthly interdisciplinary grand rounds presentations.
1. Review acute vestibular syndromes and the most common etiologies 2. Review most recent literature regarding clinical examination, imaging, and admission criteria for acute vestibular syndromes 3. Review most recent literature regarding therapies and treatments for acute vestibular syndromes
1. To describe a case of encephalitis. 2. Discuss differential diagnosis of parainfectious causes of encephalitis and mechanism in which it occurs.
1. To introduce a rare cause of recurrent rhabdomyolysis. 2. To increase awareness of RYR1 related muscle disorders
1. Discuss the diagnosis of spinal dural arteriovenous malformations (sdAVF). 2. Discuss previous literature regarding treatments of sdAVF. 3. Discuss the findings of the case series of patients treated at MCW with the endovascular therapy alone.
Jonathan Florczak, MD
Department of Neurology
Harrison Pearl, MD
Patrick Bauer, MD
Amrita-Amanda Lakraj, MD
Jigar Mankad, MD
Christopher Southwood, MD