- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Weekly grand rounds as a forum for clinical and basic research updates in neurology with respect to diagnosis and management of neurological disorders and advances in neuroscience. General areas of focus will include among others the following: neuromuscular, epilepsy, sleep, movement disorders, stroke and vascular disorders, neurodegenertive, dementia and memory disorders, headaches and cranial neuralgias, autonomic disorders, and general neurologic conditions.
Neurologists and Neuropsychologists as a specialty, including both generalists and sub-specialists. Health care providers including physicians (MD's, DO's) RN, APNP, PA, PhD, as well as students, residents, and fellows. Also included are basic and clinical researchers and clinicians throughout neurology, neurosurgery, and neuropsychology especially during the monthly interdisciplinary grand rounds presentations.
1. Participants will be able to describe PNES, including their epidemiology, risk factors, and semiological characteristics.
2. Participants will be able to identigy and explain the diagnostic procedures and evidence-based, effective treatmetns available for PNES.
3. Participants will be able to explain the problem of treatments adnerence among patiens with PNES, and experimental interventions taht are being tested to improve adherence with treamtnet in PNES an related conditions.
Derrick Shumate, DO
Department of Neurology
Benjamin Tolchin, MD, MS
Clinical Epilepsy Fellow, Brigham and Women's Hospital