Weekly grand rounds as a forum for clinical and basic research updates in neurology with respect to diagnosis and management of neurological disorders and advances in neuroscience. General areas of focus will include among others the following: neuromuscular, epilepsy, sleep, movement disorders, stroke and vascular disorders, neurodegenertive, dementia and memory disorders, headaches and cranial neuralgias, autonomic disorders, and general neurologic conditions.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.
Allied Health Care Professionals
Gabriel Bonnell, MD
1. Explain the history of Synthetic Cannabinoids”
2. Compare how Synthetic cannabinoids differ from "traditional" cannabis use
3. Assess the potential neurologic complications of Synthetic cannabinoid use
David Shirilla. DO
- Discuss the AAN/AANEM's recommendations for screening labs in Distal Symmeric neuropathy
- Identify characteristics of patients presentations of sensory changes necessiating more intensive work-up
- Evauation of the role of the Oral Glucose Tolerance test in a neurology practice
- Discuss utility of targeted genetic testing in patient's with suspected hereditary neuropathy
- Review monoclonal gammopathies and overlap with neuropathy, as well as indications for and baseline interpretation of SPEP
- Examine the additional dianostic data provided )or not provided) with electrodiagnositc (EDX) testing in neuropathy
Gabriel Bonnell, MD- PGY-IV graduating resident
David Shirilla, DO- PGY-IV graduating resident
Activity Director: Derrick Shumate, DO
Ann Helms, MD
Chad Carlson, MD
David Sabsevitz, PhD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 APAAPA credit.
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.