Weekly grand rounds as a forum for clinical and basic research updates in neurology with respect to diagnosis and management of neurological disorders and advances in neuroscience. General areas of focus will include among others the following: neuromuscular, epilepsy, sleep, movement disorders, stroke and vascular disorders, neurodegenertive, dementia and memory disorders, headaches and cranial neuralgias, autonomic disorders, and general neurologic conditions.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Review the history of MS as a disease
- Discuss MS clusters and studies relating to MS epidemiology
- Compare theories relating to presumed etiologies for MS
- List possible areas of future research
- Describe the presentation and presumed pathophysiology of functional neurological disorders
Review various aspects of the diagnosis of functional neurological disorders
Discuss treatment options and interventions
Review outcome data associated with management of of functional disorders
Presenters: Brandon Strawn, DO and Mohammed Kabir, MD
PG IV Graduating Residents
Department of Neurology
Medical College of Wisconsin
Activity Director: Derrick Shumate, DO
Ann Helms, MD
Chad Carlson, MD
David Sabsevitz, PhD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 APAAPA credit.
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.