ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Allied Health Care Professionals
Dr. Sumaiya Khondker
Topic: Thrombophilia and Its Role in Ischemic Strokes
- Discuss the mechanism of hypercoagulability or blood clot formation
- Discuss the challenges in diagnosing thrombophilia and recognizing its role in acute thrombosis
- Discuss challenges in ordering appropriate tests for diagnosis and limitations due to cost
Dr. Syed Jafri
Topic: Introduction to Narrative Medicine
- Review the brief history of the field of narrative medicine
- Review overarching principles and methods of narrative medicine
- Offer a focused view of narrative medicine vis-a-vis neurology as a specialty
Presenter: Drs. Khondker and Jafri, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.