ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Allied Health Care Professionals
Dr. Daniel Champeau
Topic: Discontinuation of Antiepileptic Drugs: Is It a Good Idea?
1.Review of major studies looking at the outcomes of AED withdrawal
2.When is it safe to attempt an AED wean (expert consensus)
3.When is it unsafe to attempt an AED wean (expert consensus)
Dr. Sam Hooshmand
Topic: Shake Now So You Don’t Shake Later: The Neuroprotective Effects of Caffeine
1.Discuss Neuropharmacology of Caffeine
2.Review Literature Regarding Caffeine as a Neuroprotective
3.Discuss Future Directions of Caffeine as a Neuroprotective Molecule
Dr. Pamela Youssef
Topic: They’re Possessed . . . Let Them Seize
1.Presenting how epilepsy was recognized and described in history
2.Presenting how stroke was recognized and described in history
3.Where we were and where we are today
Dr. Marek Cierny
Topic: “Door-in door-out” Time in Persons with Acute Ischemic Stroke Transferred within Froedtert Network: Design and Initial Results
1.Review logistics of triage in patients with acute ischemic stroke suspected to have LVO (large vessel occlusion)
2. Understand the design and hypotheses of presented retrospective study (QI project)
3. Review initial results as well as their limitations in regards to possible weekend effect and role of vessel imaging at primary stroke center, in triage of persons with acute ischemic stroke
Dr. Tracy Tholanikunnel
Topic: The Diagnosis of Functional Movement Disorders
1. Understand the prevalence of functional movement disorders
2. Discuss the historical and clinical factors that can aid in the diagnosis of functional movement disorders
3. Review an approach to discussing the diagnosis with patients
Presenter: Drs. Champeau, Cierny, Hooshmand, Tholanikunnel and Youssef
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.