ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- To recognize the complexity of the pathophysiology of PD and why PD is now considered a systemic synucleinopathy.
- Understand new theories linking the gut microbiome to PD pathogenesis.
- Understand why attempts at “neuroprotection” have failed thus far.
- Become aware of current trials of disease modifying therapies for PD.
Karen Blindauer, MD
Director, Movement Disorder Program
Department of Neurology
Medical College of Wisconsin
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.