A Rapidly Progressive Grand Rounds: History, Review, and update on Prion Disorders
- Provide an overview of the history of prion disorders and their discovery.
- Review major human prion disorders.
- Discuss new develops in diagnosis as well as therapeutic approaches
Rabies: past, present and future
- History of Rabies
- Current preventative and therapeutic approaches
- Future uses of the virus
Sam Hooshmand, DO Daniel Champeau, MD
Department of Neurology Department of Neurology
Medical College of Wisconsin Medical College of Wisconsin
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclosure except:
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.