Neurology Grand Rounds is a weekly lecture series designed to improve clinical competency and patient care by exposing attendees to evidence-based practices and recent advances in disciplines across the breadth of the clinical neurosciences including but not limited to: neuropsychology, cognitive neurology, headache medicine, movement disorders, epilepsy, neuro-oncology, neuro-immunology, neuro-ophthalmology, vascular neurology, endovascular interventional neuroradiology, and neuro critical care. Attendees are also regularly exposed to both pertinent basic science and clinical research occurring both on campus and elsewhere.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Present a brief overview of brain regions involved in skilled reading and implicated in developmental dyslexia, with particular emphasis on the visual word form area.
- Examine the neural correlates of categorical perception of phonemes in children with and without dyslexia.
- Discuss the relationships among categorical phoneme perception, reading development, and the visual word form area.
Lisa L. Conant, Ph.D.
Department of Neurology
Medical College of Wisconsin
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclosure except:
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.