The purpose of the conference is to provide continuing medical education for the Department of Neurosurgery. Neurosurgery faculty, midlevel providers and residents give presentations. Visiting professors and faculty from other departments at the Medical College of Wisconsin are invited to present. Topics include Neurosurgery, Neurology, Radiology, Pathology and the Neurosciences.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Research Faculty
- To learn about ongoing research in magnetic resonance imaging of the spinal cord
- To identify opportunities for involvement in preclinical or clinical research studies.
- To present an overview of my lab's work in spinal cord injury and to discuss options for residents to get involved in research projects.
- To learn about robotic assisted spinal surgery
- To learn about translational engineering research on cervical artificial discs
- Enhance understanding of the neural control of motor behavior
- Neuromodulation of targeted neural systems to promote recovery after trauma
- Neural network learning to understand movement
- To learn about the MCW Clinical Spine Biomechanics Laboratory
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.