The purpose of the conference is to provide continuing medical education for the Department of Neurosurgery. Neurosurgery faculty, midlevel providers and residents give presentations. Visiting professors and faculty from other departments at the Medical College of Wisconsin are invited to present. Topics include Neurosurgery, Neurology, Radiology, Pathology and the Neurosciences.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Research Faculty
- Provide an overview of the Brain Injury Research Program
- Discuss translational direction and impact of TBI research
- Understand ongoing cross-disciplinary efforts to assess acute and chronic effects of concussion’?
- Describe ongoing MCW research to improve patient classification and outcome measurement for traumatic brain injury research.
- Advanced imaging techniques for mild TBI
- Advanced imaging techniques for intervertebral endplate degeneration
- To gain familiarity with common long-term squelae associated with TBI
- To gain familiarity with factors that can modify long-term sequelae following TBI
Timothy Meier, PhD
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.