The purpose of the conference series is to provide continuing medical education and professional development for the entire Department of Neurosurgery. Presenters include faculty from Neurosurgery and other departments, mid-level providers and Neurosurgical residents. Visiting Professors and key leaders outside the Medical College of Wisconsin are invited to present. Topics include Neurosurgery, Neurology, Radiology, Pathology, and the Neurosciences, and any topic that furthers our best practices.
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Introduction to 8 principles for optimizing surgical approaches to cranial lesions.
- Learn details for utilizing minimally invasive approaches in the most safe, effective way possible to improve patient outcomes.
- Focus on methods to protect adjacent brain tissue and soft tissue from injury during surgery in order to minimize post-operative deficits and improve healing.
- Shekar Kurpad, MD
- Karin Swartz, MD
- Sam Shabani, MD
- Karl Janich, MD
- Andrew Montoure, MD
- Robert T. Wicks, MD
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.