The purpose of the conference series is to provide continuing medical education and professional development for the entire Department of Neurosurgery. Presenters include faculty from Neurosurgery and other departments, mid-level providers and Neurosurgical residents. Visiting Professors and key leaders outside the Medical College of Wisconsin are invited to present. Topics include Neurosurgery, Neurology, Radiology, Pathology, and the Neurosciences, and any topic that furthers our best practices.
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Understand why chronic subdural hematoma is an important neurosurgical disease
- Understand the pathophysiology of chronic subdural hematoma
- Discuss management controversies, updates, and ongoing trials with a focus on middle meningeal artery embolization.
- Shekar Kurpad, MD
- Karin Swartz, MD
- Sam Shabani, MD
- Karl Janich, MD
- Andrew Montoure, MD
Co-Director of Cerebrovascular, Endovascular & Skull Base Surgery
Tulane University School of Medicine
Center for Clinical Neurosciences
New Orleans, LA
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.