MCP Orientation "Pathway to Excellence", December 6, 2018
New Provider Orientation
This is the next step in preparing for your long and successful career with Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin is joining us during our MCP Orientation, “Pathway to Excellence”.
The event will feature a special presentation by MCP’s Chief Executive Officer and time for Q&A. “Pathway to Excellence” will connect you with the practice, hospital, and health-system beyond your immediate role.
Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
MCP’s orientation is an important part of your overall onboarding experience. During orientation, you will:
• Meet and get to know other new providers
• Develop a deeper understanding of the practice’s vision and goals as they relate to your role
• Learn about MCP’s tools and resources dedicated to making your clinic practices successful
• Receive required training on admission and inpatient criteria, compliance, and billing.
• Develop a deeper understanding of our clinical environment, market-driven goals, and our plan for continuous improvement
• Receive materials to help smooth your transition to the Milwaukee area and to MCW.
• APPs will receive specific information related to the Office of Advanced Practice.
7:50am-8:15am Optional Open Photo Session (Katie McGuire) 25 min.
8:15am-8:30am Welcome & Introduction (Rachel Trower) 15 min.
8:30am-9:00am MCP Strategic Goals and Values (Rachel Trower) 30 min.
9:00am-9:30am Intro to MCP, MCW, & Froedtert (Dr. Schreiber) 30 min.
9:30am-9:45am Clinically Integrated Network (Natalie Mortensen) 15 min.
10:00am-12:00pm Compliance (Elizabeth Keltner) 120 min.
12:00pm -12:15pm Break (Lunch Served)
12:15pm-12:45pm MCW Anywhere (Dustin Martin) 30 min.
12:45pm-1:05pm Overview of Infoscope, Scout, & MCP SharePoint (Rachel Trower) 20 min.
1:15pm-2:00pm Accessing Library Resources (Eric Harding) 45 min.
2:00pm-2:15pm Admitting and Inpatient Criteria (Grant Sinson/Julie Kolinski) 15 min.
2:15pm-2:30pm Rapid Response Team (Staria Brickner) 15 min.
2:30pm-3:00pm Quality Initiatives & Medical Staff Office (Dr.Resnick) 30 min.
3:00pm Physicians complete evaluations & dismissed
3:00pm-3:45pm Office of Advanced Practice Providers (Sarah Vanderlinden) 45 min.
3:45pm APPs complete evaluations & dismissed
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care
Professionals: The Medical College of Wisconsin designates the live activity for up to 5.75 hours for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 5.75 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.