Housing as Health 2019
Attending physicians, preceptors, community physicians and other practicing physicians
- The Learner will investigate the homeless issue in Milwaukee County.
- The learner will examine the impact of housing on health.
- The learner will select appropriate resources that are available to provide patients, including the housing navigators.
- The learner will demonstrate how to communicate with patients with housing instability.
Moderator – Amar Ambardekar, DO – President, Medical Society of Milwaukee County
- Eric Collins-Dyke, Outreach Services Manager, Housing First/Street Outreach, Milwaukee County Housing Division; & ShaRhonda Reid, Milwaukee County Housing Case Manager
- Julie Schuller, MD - President & CEO, Sixteenth Street Community Health Center
- John Fangman, MD - Medical Director, Ambulatory Services, Froedtert Hospital; former Medical Director ARCW AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin
- Matthew Jandrisevits, Ph.D., Pediatric Psychologist, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Judge Derek Mosley - Milwaukee County Municipal Court
- Kathleen Schoenauer, RN – UnitedHealthcare
- Amy Mauel, LCSW, Assistant Program Manager, Homeless Programs - Milwaukee VA Medical Center
- Raphael Ramos, Director - Eviction Defense Project
Accreditation Statement for Joint Provider Activities:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and the Medical Society of Milwaukee County. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 2 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™