Acute Pediatric Pain 2021
Acute Pediatric Pain is a module within the 2021 Virtual Opioid Rounds. You will be able to claim credit for all modules you complete at the end of the course.
The Acute Pediatric Pain module contains:
- A presentation you must watch in order to claim credit for this module. Please note that there is no audio in the presentation.
- Supplemental materials
- Module evaluation
- Credit Claiming (up to 1.00 credit)
Once you complete this module, you can navigate back to the Parent Course, Virtual Opioid Rounds: A Multidisciplinary Approach, and select another module from the Take Course Tab.
After you have completed your selected modules, select the Virtual Opioid Rounds Evaluation & Summary Module to complete the overall evaluation and access your CME certificate.
This module is designed for members of the MCW community - MCW Faculty, MCP, CSG, CMG, CP and Zablocki VA physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants with a current DEA certificate and who prescribe opioids for pain management.
Learners who engage in the educational content will be able to:
- Describe the importance of treating acute pain
- Identify how to assess acute pain in children and how to treat pediatric pain
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Amy L. Drendel, DO, MS
Medical Director; Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Emergency Department
Professor of Pediatrics; Section of Emergency Medicine
The Child Advocacy content was prepared by
Hillary Petska, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Child Advocacy and Protection
The Medical College of Wisconsin
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.