Infectious Disease Related to Opioid Management 2021
Infectious Disease Related to Opioid Management is a module within the 2021 Virtual Opioid Rounds. You will be able to claim credit for all modules you complete at the end of the course.
This module contains:
- A presentation you must watch in order to claim credit for this module. Please turn on your speakers or use headphones as there is audio in the presentation.
- Credit claiming (1.0 credits)
Once you complete this module, you can navigate back to the Parent Course, Virtual Opioid Rounds: A Multidisciplinary Approach, and select another module from the Take Course Tab.
After you have completed your selected modules, select the Virtual Opioid Rounds Evaluation & Summary Module to complete the overall evaluation and access your CME certificate.
This module is designed for members of the MCW community - MCW Faculty, MCP, CSG, CMG, CP and Zablocki VA physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants with a current DEA certificate and who prescribe opioids for pain management.
- Describe infectious diseases complications seen in people with injection drug use (PWID)
- Select appropriate screening tests to diagnose the common infectious diseases complications seen in PWID
- Recommend prevention strategies for the common infectious disease complications in PWID
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Kartikey Acharya, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases, Medical College of Wisconsin
Associate Program Director, Infectious Diseases Fellowship
Medical Director, Infectious Diseases Clinic
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.