Improving Care of Incarceration Re-entry Populations with Opioid Use Disorder
- A pre-test
- A presentation you must watch in order to claim credit for this module. Please turn on your speakers or use headphones as there is audio in the presentation.
- Supplemental materials
- A post-test
- Credit claiming (0.5 credits)
Once you complete this module, you can navigate back to the Parent Course, Virtual Opioid Rounds: A Multidisciplinary Approach, and select another module from the Take Course Tab.
After you have completed your selected modules, select the Virtual Opioid Rounds Evaluation & Summary Module to complete the overall evaluation and access your CME certificate.
This module is designed for members of the MCW community - MCW Faculty, MCP, CSG, CMG, CP and Zablocki VA physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants with a current DEA certificate and who prescribe opioids for pain management.
- Describe the elevated risk of overdose death for reentry populations with opioid use disorder
- Describe importance of timely screening and initiation of treatment or referral for treatment for opioid use disorders in reentry patient populations
- List at least 3 harm reduction approaches evidence-based to prevent overdose death for patients with opioid use disorder
- Apply recommended reentry care transition approach to a clinical case, and compare to a standard office visit
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 0.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 0.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Click [START] below to begin the module.
A separate window will open with the presentation loading at the bottom left corner of your screen.
Please review the slides for this presentation. In order to access content, ensure your browser’s pop-up blocker is deactivated for this site and that your audio is on.