Toward efficient, effective chronic pain management
Toward efficient, effective chronic pain management is a module within the 2021 Virtual Opioid Rounds. You will be able to claim credit for all modules you complete at the end of the course.
This module contains:
- Content you must review in order to claim credit for this module. Please note that there is audio in this content.
- Self reflection
- Credit Claiming (0.5 credits)
Once you complete this module, you can navigate back to the Parent Course, Virtual Opioid Rounds: A Multidisciplinary Approach, and select another module from the Take Course Tab.
After you have completed your selected modules, select the Virtual Opioid Rounds Evaluation & Summary Module to complete the overall evaluation and access your CME certificate.
This module is designed for members of the MCW community - MCW Faculty, MCP, CSG, CMG, CP and Zablocki VA physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants with a current DEA certificate and who prescribe opioids for pain management.
- Understand how to identify the stages of change through vignettes
- Conceptualize the treatment approach based on the stages of readiness to change
- Understand the importance of assigning homework to patients so they can identify pain triggers, alleviators, and the role of stress
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 0.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Credits can be claimed once you have completed all the modules you have chosen.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 0.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.