AMSSM 32nd Annual Meeting
The AMSSM Annual Meeting is the premier educational meeting for sports medicine physicians and healthcare providers, and it highlights the latest research and medical practices to enhance the care of sports medicine patients.
Clinical Practice and Patient Care: Attendees will gain a valuable breadth of medical knowledge regarding injury and disease evaluation, prevention and treatment for individuals engaged in all levels of physical activity.
Scientific Research: The meeting provides an academic forum and support network to discuss cutting edge research and promote scientific inquiry.
Advocacy and Healthcare Quality: The meeting addresses important healthcare, practice and legislative issues affecting sports medicine providers and patients.
Education: Attendees will learn, discuss and develop the ability to teach current, future and controversial issues in sports medicine.
Professional Support and Collaboration: The meeting fosters faculty development, collegial relationships, camaraderie and networking among sports medicine physicians and healthcare providers with a variety of interests and backgrounds.
Physicians and other health care providers interested in the field of sports medicine.
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Describe and apply practice changing pearls in the area of sleep, nutrition, mental health, and mindfulness as related to sports medicine patients.
- Apply updates to the evaluation and treatments for various conditions including various musculoskeletal issues, concussion and infectious diseases.
- Identify the best imaging modality for various body injuries/concerns.
- Discuss current concepts in the management of sports medicine injuries.
- Identify the current controversies in sports medicine.
- Describe current research in the field of sports medicine.
- List clinical features of several diagnoses that can initially appear to be atypical presentations of more common musculoskeletal diagnoses.
Listed in Brochure handed to attendees
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Medical College of Wisconsin and The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 53.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 53.25 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Participation shared with ABIM and ABP through PARS:
Individual participants’ information will be shared with ABIM through the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
ABIM MOC Recognition Statement:
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 26.5 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
ABP MOC Statement:
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity and individual assessment of and feedback to the learner, enables the learner to earn up to 26.5 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP)Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.
- 53.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 53.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 26.50 MOC Part IIMOC Part II credit.