16101 Multidisciplinary Gynecologic Oncology Tumor Board August 3, 2016
This educational activity is a multidisciplinary case-based weekly discussion. Specialties include Gynecologic Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Pathology, Radiology, as well as Genetic Counseling, APNP's, nursing, and support staff. Typically, multiple providers from each specialty attend.
The conference allows providers to discuss current patients with other providers so that the best plan of care can be implemented. It is designed to benefit patient outcomes, give efficiency of care and patient satisfaction through its multidisciplanary approach.
Furthermore, one half session per month is given over to discussion of active research, clinical trials, and cooperative clinical trials that may be opening at Froedtert and the Medical College.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Oncologists, Radiologists, Pathologists, Radiation Oncologists, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Research Staff
- Understand significance of physician communication across disciplines to facilitate care and manage patient care efficiently.
- Pathologic review of gynecologic tissue for quality assurance and treatment planning.
- Appropriate pre-operative evaluation of known or suspected gyencologic malignancies.
- Treatment strategies for the surgical approach, radiation and chemotherapy in the management of gyecologic malignancies that is consistent with the national guidelines to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with these tumors.
William Bradley, MD - Activity Director
Medical College of Wisconsin
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.