18th Annual Women's Health Conference
This educational activity is designed to provide up to date information in various aspects of the office practice in Women’s Health. As the academic presence in women’s health in the Milwaukee community, we feel it is important for us to provide this educational opportunity to providers of women’s health care in the community and the region. Specifically, this conference, entitled Women's Health Across the Lifespan, will provide education on the following topics: Obesity and weight loss in women's health, preconception counseling in the face of maternal medical complications, diversity in health systems, breast cancer screening updates, incontinence and elder care in women's health, case discussions in abnormal pap screening, genetic counseling in women's health, and diagnosis and management of polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 7 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
This activity is intended for practitioners in OB/GYN and in primary care who provide care for women, including Obstetricians/Gynecologists, Internists, Family Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Certified Nurse Midwives, Registered Nurses
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- To discuss the most recent data in weight management and obesity, in both pregnancy and primary care settings.
- To be familiar with pre-pregnancy management of the most common conditions affecting reproductive age women
- To be familiar with recommend training for optimizing diversity and inclusion training in US health systems
- To understand the current issues related to breast cancer screening in women
- To understand the common complaints and workup/treatment of incontinence in women
- To identify and apply current management for different Pap screening results.
- Identify the diagnosis and updated management options for polycystic ovarian syndrome
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person:
|Kathy King, MD||Merck||Speaker|
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 7.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.