- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This presentation will discuss current management of infectious endophthalmitis in its various forms, including prevention, pharmacologic intervention, and the role of pars plana vitrectomy.
- Community eye care providers
- Full-time faculty
- Fellow ophthalmologists
- Ophthalmic photographers
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
1. To enumerate important measures to prevent endophthalmitis in patients undergoing intraocular surgery
2. Understand appropriate choices of antibiotic therapy and routes of administration for various forms of endophthalmitis
3. Understand the role of pars plana vitrectomy in the treatment of endophthalmitis