Closed, mechanical vitrectomy surgery about 50 years old, but many of the most impactful advances have occurred in the past 20 years. Review the advances of modern vitreoretinal surgery with extensive use of surgical videos.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Community Eye Care Professionals
- Medical students
- Graduate students
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Vision Scientists
At the end of this session, I will be able to:
- Understand challenges unique to surgery in the vitreous.
- Understand the mechanical and optical principles of surgery in the vitreous cavity.
- Gain an appreciation of how technical advances have improved surgery for the patient and the surgeon.
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.