This talk will summarize the "state of the art" in 2019 regarding advances in electronic advances in electronic health records, "big data", and data analytics as they relate to clinical ophthalmology practice.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Community Eye Care Professionals
- Medical students
- Graduate students
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Vision Scientists
At the end of this session, I will be able to:
- Identify potential for technologies such as electronic health records to improve clinical ophthalmology practice.
- Discuss research involving challenges in information technology implementation such as efficiency, documentation, and education.
- Describe potential solutions to these challenges including "big data", registries, and data analytics.
Faculty & credentials:
William J. Wirostko, MD
Professor of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
Michael Chiang, MD
Knowles Professor of Ophthalmology & Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health & Science University;
Associate Director, OHSU Casey Eye Institute
All persons in control of content has no relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of:
|Michael Chiang, MD||Novartis||Steering Committee|
|Inteleretina, LLC||Equity Owner|
|Clarity Medical Systems||Unpaid member|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved
+1 (414) 955-7840
10/02/2019 - 7:00am to 8:00am CDT
Medical College of WI- Eye Institute
925 N 87th StreetLower Level Conference Room
Milwaukee, WI 53226
See map: Google Maps
Add to calendar:
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.