A career in academic medicine offers rich opportunities for faculty to effectively educate learners, form meaningful mentorship partnerships with learners and colleagues, and fulfill clinical and scholarly aspirations. We will assess the gaps in faculty development resources within the Department of Ophthalmology. We will explore the various faculty development resources and programs available at our institution and beyond. We will present ideas for a formal faculty development program within the Department of Ophthalmology to enhance the academic experience of medical students, residents, and faculty.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Community Eye Care Professionals
- Medical students
- Graduate students
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Vision Scientists
At the end of this session, I will be able to:
- Determine the need for faculty development opportunities and resources within the Department of Ophthalmology.
- Present faculty development opportunities and resources that are available within the Medical College of Wisconsin on an institutional and department level, as well as resources beyond the institution.
- Explore potential faculty development programs to initiate within the Department of Ophthalmology
All persons in control of content has no relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of:
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.