Grand Rounds: Orthopaedic Grand Rounds Conferences are primarily a didactic conference providing up-to-date knowledge in Orthopaedic Surgery aimed to address gaps in medical knowledge as well as medical decision making that will lead to modified practice and ultimately improved patient outcomes.
M&M Conferences: M&M Conferences are a forum for discussing and examining a case or a portion of a case that resulted in an adverse outcome from a practice-based or systems-based perspective aimed to include board review-style test questions that will integrate evidence-based best practices into clinical scenarios in orthopaedics resulting in enhanced retention of best practices and improved medical decision making.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Allied Health Professionals
Grand Rounds Conference Objectives - With participation in this activity, attendee should be able to:
- Explain pathogenesis and natural history of various orthopaedic conditions
- Cite historic and current treatment options for these conditions
- Discuss outcome of these treatment options
- Cite differential diagnosis for different musculoskeletal problems
- Select appropriate investigative tools
- Demonstrate ability to perform clinical examination
- Explain relationship of anatomy and pathology to clinical presentation
- Select appropriate adjunctive treatment to surgery
- Plan rehabilitation program for patients after surgery
Carole Vetter, MD
J.C. Neilson, MD
Medical College of Wisconsin
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
|J.C. Neilson, MD||MTF||Board Membership|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.