Grand Rounds: Orthopaedic Grand Rounds Conferences are primarily a didactic conference providing up-to-date knowledge in Orthopaedic Surgery aimed to address gaps in medical knowledge as well as medical decision making that will lead to modified practice and ultimately improved patient outcomes.
M&M Conferences: M&M Conferences are a forum for discussing and examining a case or a portion of a case that resulted in an adverse outcome from a practice-based or systems-based perspective aimed to include board review-style test questions that will integrate evidence-based best practices into clinical scenarios in orthopaedic resulting in enhanced retention of best practices and improved medical decision making.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Allied Health Professionals
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Explain pathogenesis and natural history of various orthopaedic conditions
- Cite historic and current treatment options for these conditions
- Discuss outcome of these treatment options
- Cite differential diagnosis for different musculoskeletal problems
- Select appropriate investigative tools
- Demonstrate ability to perform clinical examination
- Explain relationship of anatomy and pathology to clinical presentation
- Select appropriate adjunctive treatment to surgery
- Plan rehabilitation program for patients after surgery
Scott Van Valin, MD Associate Professor Pediatric Orthopaedics
J.C Neilson, MD Associate Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.