Grand Rounds: Orthopaedic Grand Rounds Conferences are primarily a didactic conference providing up-to-date knowledge in Orthopaedic Surgery aimed to address gaps in medical knowledge as well as medical decision making that will lead to modified practice and ultimately improved patient outcomes.
M&M Conferences: M&M Conferences are a forum for discussing and examining a case or a portion of a case that resulted in an adverse outcome from a practice-based or systems-based perspective aimed to include board review-style test questions that will integrate evidence-based best practices into clinical scenarios in orthopaedic resulting in enhanced retention of best practices and improved medical decision making.
Key Words: Orthopaedics, M&M, Surgery
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Explain pathogenesis and natural history of various orthopaedic conditions
- Cite historic and current treatment options for these conditions
- Discuss outcome of these treatment options
- Cite differential diagnosis for different musculoskeletal problems
- Select appropriate investigative tools
- Demonstrate ability to perform clinical examination
- Explain relationship of anatomy and pathology to clinical presentation
- Select appropriate adjunctive treatment to surgery
- Plan rehabilitation program for patients after surgery
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Scott Van Valin MD
Associate Professor of Pediatric Orthopaedics
Anthony Trenga MD
PGY-5 Orthopaedic Surgery Resident
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.