- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 1.00 MOC Part IVMOC Part IV credit.
This educational activity is designed to provide our faculty with alternative sources of information and experience on controversial areas in diagnostic pathology that cannot be gleaned from reading the literature or standard textbooks in pathology. There are many areas in pathology where a uniformly acceptable standard has not yet been established. Direct interaction with an expert can provide the pathologist with additional insight into more effective ways to handle the issue.
The need for this activity is to encourage residents/students in pursuing careers in subspecialties of Pathology. The Pathology Department Faculty is made aware of outside studies and research through the presentation/interaction with the invited guests. Because this is an ongoing event, the curriculum is reviewed and improvements are made by the Program Planning Committee at its annual meeting, usually held in December. A list of speakers is generated with Pathology Department Faculty inviting the participants.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
- Physician Assistants
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
1. Participants will learn the estimates of prevalence of diagnostic error.
2. Participants will learn of the causes of diagnostic error.
3. Participants will learn of recommendations to address diagnostic error.
Professor and Chairman
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclosure.
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.