This educational activity is designed to provide our faculty with alternative sources of information and experience on controversial areas in diagnostic pathology that cannot be gleaned from reading the literature or standard textbooks in pathology. There are many areas in pathology where a uniformly acceptable standard has not yet been established. Direct interaction with an expert can provide the pathologist with additional insight into more effective ways to handle the issue.
- Physician Assistants
At the conclusion of the lecture I will be able to:
- To be familiar with the protocols for optimal gross pathological examination of different types of breast specimens encountered in Surgical Pathology practice.
- To understand the implications of optimal gross pathological examination of generating a thorough and complete final pathology report for patients who undergo different types of breast surgery.
- Evolving new trends in surgical practice with implications of gross pathological examination of breast specimens.
Professor and Chairman
Savitri Krishnamurthy, MD
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Deputy Division Head, Director for Clinical Trials Research and Development, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.