Didactic lectures occur each Wednesday and involve evidence-based care content by integrating research with patient cases/scenarios from the clinical environment, highlighting topics selected from content outline for Pediatric Critical Care published by the American Board of Pediatrics and integrating systems and practice based improvement discussions via case review.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
MOC Part II
Participation shared with ABP through PARS:
Individual participants’ information will be shared with ABP through the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
ABP MOC Statement:
“Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity and individual assessment of and feedback to the learner, enables the learner to earn up to 24 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.”
- Physician (fellows/residents)
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Outline and expand upon the core knowledge base within the field of Pediatric Critical Care including established and evolving scientific literature.
- Examine and evaluate our system-based practice and integrate multi-disciplinary discussions and educational opportunities to optimize patient care
- Discuss experiential knowledge across disciplines (both within and outside of critical care).
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Donald Basel, MD
Chief Associate Professor, Genetics
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.