This educational activity is designed to improve the knowledge of pediatric emergency medicine physicians at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin as it relates to the following: New recommendations for the care of the sexually or physically abused child, new recommendations for the care of the injured or medically ill pediatric patient, the care of surgical emergencies in the pediatric emergency department, the care of the sick newborn including handoff to the NICU and the ongoing need for competence in providing handoffs in the emergency setting, and finally, new search strategies are now available thru MCW library services to help with using library resources to search for evidence-based practices.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Nurses/Nurse Practitioners
- Identify common hand injuries specific to the pediatric population.
- Understand appropriate work up and non-operative treatment options.
- Recognize injuries that may require surgery or need referral to a hand specialist.
- Provide evidence-based clinical care in the Emergency Department.
- Work directly with our surgical and medical sub-specialty colleagues to provide best and safest care.
- Foster relationships with our surgical and medical subspecialists to streamline ED management with clinical practice guidelines.
Presenter: Jessica Hanley, MD; Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.